Friday, February 11, 2011

Water Fall


This was my attempt to learn Wilson Bickford water fall painting technique. By this painting I learned how to do the waterfall and rushing water. He used a fan brush for the fall and as I dint have the fan brush with me back then, I tried it out with a regular brush. His trick of scuffing motion of brush over the partial background and then blurring it out with a regular brush is amazing and it actually makes it look like water.

Wilson Bickford is an artist and instructor, he is also the published author of Wildlife Landscapes You Can Paint Book. I absolutely love the way he describes the art of painting.

I love being able to take a "blank" surface ( either canvas, paper, whatever ) and turn it into something of value, both emotional and monetary. It literally means creating something that was not in existence up 'til that moment in time. That is a powerful accomplishment!!

Art is passion for some, hobby for some and living for some. My best wishes to all the artists who just give so much life to a piece of paper.

2 comments:

  1. I knew my little sister had some hidden talent with in her. But just came to know that she is multi talented. The way you paint and write amazes me. Waiting to see more...Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Chinni. Nice wordings too.

    ReplyDelete